[SOLVED] Laptop screen replacement/compatibility ?

Jul 12, 2021
Hi guys! Is there any good software to check laptop screen model without actually opening the laptop? If so, please mention all. Also, a friend of mine owns this laptop and he shared me laptop screen model which is NV173FHM-N44 (BOE07B6) 17.3" IPS 144Hz. His screen is not working properly and wants to replace it. Anyone familiar with this model of display and what are the compatible screens it can be replaced with? Thank you

Solution
Looking up replacement screens for that laptop on Ebay churns out results that want to make you buy an external monitor instead(near 4000USD for a panel). Other sites, like these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401903627780?hash=item5d9352ae04:g:3j8AAOSw6k9dj603

Also, it's a good idea to replace the panel with what came with the laptop to avoid compatibility issues. To add, you could use this app[installing it in compatibility mode, Right click installer>Compatibility tab>Windows x(from drop down menu)] to see if the panel's info comes up but I doubt it's going to be accurate since it'll very likely pull...

Lutfij

Titan
Looking up replacement screens for that laptop on Ebay churns out results that want to make you buy an external monitor instead(near 4000USD for a panel). Other sites, like these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/401903627780?hash=item5d9352ae04:g:3j8AAOSw6k9dj603

Also, it's a good idea to replace the panel with what came with the laptop to avoid compatibility issues. To add, you could use this app[installing it in compatibility mode, Right click installer>Compatibility tab>Windows x(from drop down menu)] to see if the panel's info comes up but I doubt it's going to be accurate since it'll very likely pull info from your OS, ie. if the OS doesn't know what the panel's make and model is, then the app won't either.

Reactions: XT785
Solution
Jul 12, 2021
To add, you could use this app[installing it in compatibility mode, Right click installer>Compatibility tab>Windows x(from drop down menu)] to see if the panel's info comes up but I doubt it's going to be accurate since it'll very likely pull info from your OS, ie. if the OS doesn't know what the panel's make and model is, then the app won't either.

I used HWiNFO64 to check display details and it's showing this.

Also, it's a good idea to replace the panel with what came with the laptop to avoid compatibility issues.

If I don't find the exact model to replace it with can you please guide me which compatible models can I use for NV173FHM-N44 (BOE07B6) 17.3" IPS 144Hz to replace it with? I think this is the Screen if I'm not wrong. Thank you so much Sir Lutfij!

Last edited: