Question Laptop screen restarts

Nov 19, 2020
Hello,
I have a problem where playing some games my Laptop screen just seems to become black for a second (looks like a some kind of restart) and when it comes back most programs are not in their normal shape i.e. after this "restart" Discord screen is either fully white or black, sometimes it says not responding, but the program works as normal I can talk and hear people, the only thing is that I can't see anything except black/white screen. Another example is X-Plane 11. It takes 30-50 to setup flight and do other procedures and to have this restart 20 mins into a flight is really devastating... After restart I hear sounds in X-plane, my cursor changes to other pointers specific to some buttons in the cockpit, and I can hear that I'm interacting with them. But I just see black screen that I can't revert to normal X-Plane 11. Same has happened couple of times with CS:GO but very rarely. For some reason playing RDR2 I have never experienced such issues, though the playtime has multiple times exceeded X-Plane playtime.

P.S. in August I had warranty provider change out the main board because It got fried by short-cirquit.

Laptop specs:
ASUS TUF FX504GD
Intel i5-8300H
16GB RAM
nVidia Geforce GTX1050 Mobile 4GB

Fixes tried:
Update BIOS
Update GPU Drivers (removed with DDU and reinstalled)
Use 2019 GPU drivers, when the problem didn't exist (removed with DDU and installed)
Put PC in Ultimate Performance and other different power plans.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem, whether it is a software related or I had fault warranty repairs (sadly the warranty ended in September and I had repairs in August).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS