proteek

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
I have an Acer Aspire E5-471-51HX laptop with no modifications. When my laptop's display turns off (by idling, or if I turn it off myself, or if I close the lid, or if I put it to sleep), it does not turn back on. Everything runs normally, but the display shows nothing. When I turn on my laptop (from shutdown state) it usually first shows an Acer logo, then the Windows logo and then normal windows. However now it shows NOTHING at all, just a black screen. Not greyish black, buy the total black your screen is when it's shut down. Everything runs, that's for sure - but the monitor shows nothing. I usually get the display after several attempts of booting. Why is this happening, what can I do to fix it? I have already tried - uninstalling and reinstalling monitor drivers, disabling and re-enabling the same, updating it, run chkdsk.

D

Deleted member 1272431

The only thing left is to reinstall the OS with a clean install before putting data back in. Assuming it's software related.
If the monitor is defective, you can only ask for Acer's assistance.

proteek

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
The only thing left is to reinstall the OS with a clean install before putting data back in. Assuming it's software related.
If the monitor is defective, you can only ask for Acer's assistance.
If it were related to Windows then I think the Acer logo would still display, and I could see the BIOS if I entered it. Therefore I have to assume it's a defective hardware then?

D

Deleted member 1272431

If it were related to Windows then I think the Acer logo would still display, and I could see the BIOS if I entered it. Therefore I have to assume it's a defective hardware then?

That is correct. If I were you, I would assume it's hardware related. I might be wrong tho.