mrdanzen

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
Hi,
I'm experiencing an issue with my laptop (Acer Spin 5, 15 inch with nvidia GTX 1050 4gb gpu). Specifically, when I leave the latop for a little while plugged into the wall, it will go into sleep mode but will not turn the screen back on again and doesn't react to anything.
I can hear the fans spinning and the keyboard backlight button for example works, indicating that it is on in some way. Still though, I have to hold the start button to get it to restart and respond to anything. Tapping the keyboard, reinstalling gpu drivers, pressing win+crtl+shift+b or resetting the windows power settings wont help.

I know that I could just set the sreen to stay on always when plugged in, but I suppose that shouldn't be the only option considering my desktop PC never had this issue and wakes up from pressing the keyboard just fine.
How could I fix this issue?
Thanks for any help in advance.

Solution
Any warranty left?

You can try updating bios, look exact model from acer site with your model number from back of laptop, make sure battery is atleast 50% charged and power cable plugged in. Then disable antivirus until next boot and close all apps, continue with the bios update.
Any warranty left?

You can try updating bios, look exact model from acer site with your model number from back of laptop, make sure battery is atleast 50% charged and power cable plugged in. Then disable antivirus until next boot and close all apps, continue with the bios update.

Solution