Question Laptop seems warm during light tasks

Mar 1, 2022
I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 i7 1660Ti version. When gaming the GPU temps on MSI Afterburner shows 91 and CPU temps show 95. When doing general tasks (non gaming) like chrome surfing and MS Teams classes the CPU temp is about 70 and GPU is supposed to be off with the iGPU in use.

I have tried tweaking the power options, like max CPU freq at 2500 MHz and cooling policy at Passive. Cant figure what to do. Its been about a year since i bought it (new). I have seen that this same chassis has a 2060 n 2070 option also and if my 1660ti has this kind of heat, how do those work properly ?

Usually ppk say to replace the thermal paste but its been less than a year. any help to reduce the temps at idle ?? Because the laptop should be cool to use in the lap but it isnt !

Mar 1, 2022
You put the cooling at passive? ie - no fans running?
That passive is the windows power options. i.e the option means that it will reduce cpu clock speed before turning on the fans. The cpu was getting hot and running at a higher clock whereas my usage was under 30% So i thought it reducing the clock is better.

Should i change it to active (fans on before reducing cpu clock) ?

And through armoury crate the fans come on only in performance or turbo but for normal windows tasks i dont need the high clock speeds. i dont mind if they come on in general use, but i dont know how i can do that. I use Windows mode in armoury crate, which is handled by power options in windows itself.
Usually laptops do such general tasks without getting hot at all, can be used in the lap without feeling heat so i though even mine should be able to right ?