Question Laptop sends radiowaves with sound from microphone ?

Aug 24, 2022
So, the thingy is, my laptop (ASUS FX506HM), when connecting headphones of any kind(and on startup for several seconds, and when interacting with realtek audio console), starts broadcasting radio signal at 144.425 radio frequency and broadcasts sound that it records from near the computer, not from the system. (the sound is not clear, l but definetly can hear whats on the other end through walkie-talkie)
What l tried: disabling all audio inputs and outputs on software level
What did something: disabling RealtekAudioDriver (disabled broadcasting, and all audio related things on computer of course).
Did anyone else stumbled across something similar? What can you recommend me to do to stop my laptop from broadcasting radiosignal?

What happens if you change the receiver frequency just slightly? At what distance can you stay away from the laptop and still being able to receive the audio (as being able to distinguish speaking from noise) ?

Anyway, if this happens to be true, it looks more like a privacy problem than a technical one if the laptop works just good in general.

Aug 24, 2022
What happens if you change the receiver frequency just slightly? At what distance can you stay away from the laptop and still being able to receive the audio (as being able to distinguish speaking from noise) ?

Anyway, if this happens to be true, it looks more like a privacy problem than a technical one if the laptop works just good in general.

Changing receiver frequency stops it from receiving signal completely, the sound is more white noise than actual sound even when receiver very close to notebook, but the quality doesnt change depending on the range. But the range itself is only like 5-7meters. I just wanna know hot to turn that off, the only way i found is turning off the whole sound driver, and having hard time with my sound is really not what a want

TRENDING THREADS