Question Laptop shakes

john.kolvall

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
So I got a new toy in the form of an rog strix scar 2 and I'm super duper scared about every little thing, as most probably are with new toys. So I noticed that the screen "shakes" when hitting the table with my fist, or moving the keyboard without lifting it. Is this completely normal? I guess its vibrations, but it did shake pretty violently. Can this somehow damage the screen? It's like the screen vibrates.

Ralston18

Titan
Not normal.

If the screen "shakes" due to vibrations or other movements my first thought is a loose connection inside the laptop.

Try to do some testing that correlates laptop movement or vibrations with the screen shakes.

Then contact the seller and report the problem.

john.kolvall

Prominent
Jan 20, 2019
Not normal.

If the screen "shakes" due to vibrations or other movements my first thought is a loose connection inside the laptop.

Try to do some testing that correlates laptop movement or vibrations with the screen shakes.

Then contact the seller and report the problem.

I might have been unclear, it's not the displayimage shaking its the "chassi" making it look like the display is shaking, its very thin. I tried replicating this on a sturdier surface and it did not replicate the problem if it had I would've bought the loose connection.

Tried replicating this on my phones display too, same stuff. So I guess it's the table being weak. Moving up and down quickly as the tabletop is very thin. Just moving the laptop around does not do this.

So onward to the question; would this be able to damage the screen itself?

Also holding the screen, giving it support does lessen the impact of the "shakes". So do you think theres anything to worry about?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS