Question Laptop showing artifacts out of the blue, is my laptop on its last legs ?

idris_al_mamri

Prominent
Dec 26, 2021
LAPTOP MODEL: HP OMEN 17-W295MS
Specs:
I7-7700HQ
GTX 1070
CRUCIAL 2X8 GB RAM @ 2400Mhz
256 GB TOSHIBA NVME @ 3000 MB/s
2 TB CRUCIAL SATA SSD @ 540 MB/s

So i was writing my essay for college and out of nowhere my laptop started to act strange, at first i ignored it because i was busy and said to myself i will deal with it later, a reboot will probably fix it....it did not, the artifacts flash very quickly and they look like a folded paper, it folds and goes back to its position back and forth back and forth, there's all sort of artifacts, the flashing ones, the spiky ones the stretchy ones, any game that i run either gets spike artifacts or just rain artifacts, where you see blue puddles everywhere forming and disappearing, so i looked up the issues online and i already did the following prior to my search online :

• I updated Windows 10
  • I reinstalled nvidia drivers multiple times and clean installed it twice
  • I take a good care of my laptop and it never overheated and stays cool at 60-70c while gaming, 30-40c idle (both cpu and gpu)
  • I never overclocked my laptop

here are some examples:

IMG-20230516-002207.jpg

IMG-20230516-001810.jpg

and here what happens when i play a game, i used heaven benchmark as a test app (FLASHING WARNING):

the thing that made me mad is that it happened out of nowhere, in a time where i was only studying and making assignments, i didn't play games or did anything heavy for almost 2 weeks, is this it ? is my laptop dying ? or its just a silly issue that is easy to fix ? thanks in advance!

idris_al_mamri

Prominent
Dec 26, 2021
UPDATE: i cleaned the laptop from the inside, cleaned the fans and the heatsink, applied a new thermal paste and switched to new ram, but the problem still persists.