Question Laptop shuts down if internal screen not connected

Jul 2, 2020
Hi!
So I have this Dell Inspiron 15 7567 and I just got another better laptop so I didn't have any need for this one.. however I did have need for a desktop but didn't have the budget..
So I had this brilliant idea of converting this laptop into a desktop! And using the internal screen as a portable monitor for other uses.. however what's stopping me is that when I disconnect the laptop's display from the motherboard, it does boot but an orange light flashes on the power button and right after windows shows the login screen ( had external display attached ), it just shuts off completely..

It would be really nice to have it just work with an external display if it's in anyway possible!

Jul 2, 2020
Reconnect the laptop screen to the motherboard.
Close the laptop lid if you don't want to see it's screen.

Thanks for the feedback!
I know I can make it work with the screen still connected to the motherboard.. however I was just wondering if there's a way to make it still work fine even if no display is attached to the onboard screen connector and with just an external display..
I could always attach the display back on the board if I ever needed to access the BIOS setup!