Question Laptop shuts down suddenly while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2019
This has happened three times now, twice in the past day. Like the title says, it just suddenly shuts down. No error message or anything, just goes dark. Doesn't reboot on its own either but it turns on like normal manually. I want to add that this has only happened while playing Overwatch, but I'm not sure if that's relevant. The last time this happened I dropped to 30fps and was getting bad lag before it shut down, (it decided to put me out of my misery I guess). The computer was hot when it happened but not abnormally so. It usually gets pretty hot while playing any game, but it could be an issue of overheating. I don't know much about computers or how to go about fixing this stuff, so help would be appreciated.

Laptop is an MSI GE72VR 7RF. I can list the specs if necessary.

Oct 26, 2019
Can you hear a fan spinning?

Did you have the laptop on your lap at the time of overheating? Those grills on the underside need to be kept clear so heat can escape.
Yeah, I can hear my fan going. The first time today it did this it was on my lap. Figured overheating may be the problem so I moved to a table but alas, it happened again.

Status
Not open for further replies.