Question Laptop shuts off randomly

shshirendan

Commendable
Sep 13, 2018
I have a 2009 acer aspire 4736z running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, the issue is when ever I power on the laptop roughly after 15-30 minutes max (without connecting to network)it will shuts off. if I connect to a network it only last for about 5-10min max, then it shut off again. it just shut off completely, I had to press the power button to turn it back on.

Then when I tried to power it back on just right after it boot to windows (with the Taskbar and loaded the wallpaper) it turn off again, then I repeat the process until it didn't turn off by itself (took several try)

I've tried clean install , still the same problem,the only way that it didn't turn off is in safe mode, It can last forever in safe mode no problem. I even try safemode with networking, still works like a charm
What could be the problem? And what necessary action should I take to fix this?

oh and I run the laptop via hdmi to av converter then connected it to my crt tv (the big fat one) could this be possibly the issue? But it works okay on safemode?

Remeca

Reputable
Could be overheating, or a power supply issue. If it's your power supply, safe mode may not be causing enough power draw for it to reach the point it fails at. First I'd blow all the dust out of the laptop, check temps under load, if they're fine or it continues after cleaning, then I'd look at getting a replacement power cord for your laptop.

Reactions: shshirendan

shshirendan

Commendable
Sep 13, 2018
Could be overheating, or a power supply issue. If it's your power supply, safe mode may not be causing enough power draw for it to reach the point it fails at. First I'd blow all the dust out of the laptop, check temps under load, if they're fine or it continues after cleaning, then I'd look at getting a replacement power cord for your laptop.

I think it's due to my thermal paste, I remember that years ago, probably somewhat in 2018 I had disassemble the laptop and take out the fan to clean it then put it on again without replacing the thermal paste,
Already order a thermal paste and rubbing alcohol online, maybe this will fix the shut off problem, I'll get back here for the result.

TRENDING THREADS