Question Laptop shutting down when I play games

Jul 10, 2019
Ever since last night my laptop has been shutting down when I play just about anything. The night before I played a good 3 hours of Divinity Original Sin 2 no problem then suddenly I cant play for more than a minute at a time. Have tried a variety of games to make sure it is the PC and not the game and it's definitely the PC. Out of the games I tried the only one that ran no problem was Morrowind which makes me think its a heating issue, and though it probably is that I find how sudden this was to be very strange.

The laptops a good 2 and a half years old now and I imagine its got a lot of dust and crap under the hood and was going to try remove the bottom and have it cleaned out to see if that would help but with every screw removed and the bottom feeling very loose it still doesn't want to come off like a part of it is glued or taped on (middle left or right where there aren't any screws of the bottom seems to be stuck so it ain't like i just missed one of them). Not wanting to accidentally wreck it for good I decided to screw it back in and ask for some advice. I don't know a ton about computers so thought I'd ask you guys not being 100% whether its safe or not.

Also, when the PC shuts off or goes to sleep or whatever and I turn it back on the game will still be open. Have to quickly close it so it doesnt shut off again. Found this kind of strange so I thought I should mention this just incase it is relevant in any way.

Ralston18

Titan
Windows 10?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings.

Dust: 2 1/2 years old - very likely that some maintenance is needed.

Go online and find the maintenance manual for your laptop. Very likely that there is a hidden screw under some label - one way that manufacturer's detect warranty violations.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs starting with make and model laptop.

Need to get a sense of the "big picture".

TRENDING THREADS