Laptop Similarity Questions (MSI GS70 Stealth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliakevin

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Hello,
I am looking for a good gaming laptops. Recently I've been really interested in the MSI GS70. I have some questions though. Who actually manufactures these laptop? Through my research I've found many very very similar laptop, with almost identical casing. The laptops are Schenker XMG C703, iBuypower Battalion M1771, Medion Erazer X7611.

They are very very similar looking, with also very very similar specs (CPU, GPU, even the RAM and HDD and SSD), even the insides is almost identical (opening the casing in Google images). Is one company manufacturing the laptops and different brands give them their own name and modifying them? or MSI actually makes the laptop originally? The price does varied a bit. Medion is the cheapest, almost 200-300€ cheaper comparing to MSI. I live in Germany

If they are indeed the same, i am interested in buying Medion since it is the cheapest with almost identical specs with MSI except the steelseries keyboard, and the RAID. I am really confuse at the moment. Does anyone has any experience with Medion? Does the Medion Erazer X7611 also come with aluminum body?
Thank you very much in advance for any answers, it is very very very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Solution
I don't know for a fact if they share the same manufacturer or not, but I can say that in a minimalist situation like laptop, designs are usually going to end up being the same. The closer the batteries are to the charging ports, etc. In addition, the specs are also facing the same situation, there are only so many options out there for top of the line gaming laptop. If you just look at ASUS ROG gaming laptop vs Razer Blade Pro vs MSI gaming laptop, Lenovo Y510p. They are all pretty much consist of SSD, GT755M + maybe SLI, 12-16 GB of RAM, i7-4700MQ or similar.

Anyways to answer your question of if you should go with Medion, I say no. Systems like laptop can have a lot of problem if not being take care of by reputable company, and...
I don't know for a fact if they share the same manufacturer or not, but I can say that in a minimalist situation like laptop, designs are usually going to end up being the same. The closer the batteries are to the charging ports, etc. In addition, the specs are also facing the same situation, there are only so many options out there for top of the line gaming laptop. If you just look at ASUS ROG gaming laptop vs Razer Blade Pro vs MSI gaming laptop, Lenovo Y510p. They are all pretty much consist of SSD, GT755M + maybe SLI, 12-16 GB of RAM, i7-4700MQ or similar.

Anyways to answer your question of if you should go with Medion, I say no. Systems like laptop can have a lot of problem if not being take care of by reputable company, and those problems usually needs to go back to the manufacturer if relating to hardware and thermal design. It's like buying a regular laptop from any company, everyone always ask, which brand is good? Is it going to fall on me soon? Same thing applies to these gaming laptop. The customer service and support means a whole lot when dealing with a full system purchase.

My point is that, I don't know if they are made by the same manufacturer, but I know it's best to go with a reputable brand like MSI and iBuyPower.

Solution

eliakevin

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014

Thank you so much for the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.