Question Laptop sometimes takes more time to boot up ?

um4yr

Reputable
Nov 1, 2019
Hi I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 with a Ryzen 4500u, 8gb ram, and a 256gb SSD.
A fast powerful laptop ive had. that boots up in around 10sec

Last month i spilled water on it and had to get the screen replaced. Since then sometimes when i turn on the laptop via the power button, it either takes 3-5mins to actually show the boot screen or takes longer than that, then i hold it down to power it off again then turn it back on again. When shutting down, most of the time takes 5mins for it to actually shut down.

With "Flip to Boot" feature enabled most of the time works instantly, but after a hard reset it doesn't work.

Any idea why this is happening? I replaced the cmos battery but it hasn't helped. (I dont have a detachable battery by the way, but on vantage it says its in good status)

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
I'd start with seeing if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop. Out of curiosity, did you make sure that the replacement panel was like-for-like ?

Last option would be to reinstall your OS after recreating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, and having your drivers for your laptop on a standalone drive, to manually install after the OS is installed in offline mode.