hiimjohnn

Reputable
Apr 28, 2020
my laptop speaker MSI GS65 running Windows 10 keeps making distorted crackling sounds. ive tried other methods such as reinstalling Realtek drivers and still not working. The sound works fine with headphones though. This happened to me in the past and i somehow fixed it with some kind of driver updating software. that method doesnt work now and i dont remember the exact one i used. Just a few days ago I accidently unplugged my headphones and the sound coming from the speaker is fine so I think this is not a hardware issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You shouldn't use third party apps to update your drivers or your onboard software. Try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. Try uninstalling your audio drivers and then reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Mind you, you should source the latest drivers from MSI's support page for the laptop.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Are you sure your didn't damage the diaphragm for the speakers by subjecting them to loud volumes?

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't use third party apps to update your drivers or your onboard software. Try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. Try uninstalling your audio drivers and then reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Mind you, you should source the latest drivers from MSI's support page for the laptop.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Are you sure your didn't damage the diaphragm for the speakers by subjecting them to loud volumes?

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution