Question Laptop speakers haven't worked properly since I got it...but, halfway through reinstalling them, it works briefly until the installation finishes.

Nootnootpenguin

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Hi guys! I really, really need help.

It was already like this. My bluetooth headphones work but not my plug-in headphones or speakers. They don't at all show up on the audio devices. The work-around is basically reinstalling the realtek audio codec...mid-way through the process it wants to restart, and when it first boots up--gasps. The speakers work.
So, imagine my confusion when the pop-up appears and it wants to finalize the installation, so I do annnnnd...at the very end of the installation, the little sound icon has a red x appear next to it as the speakers disappear again.

If I want to keep them working I basically just don't continue with the 2nd part of the installation, but even then this work-around seems to only work for a day or so.

Rolling back drivers isn't an option--it's grayed out.

Anyway, so that's that. I'm not even sure if the hardware in this case is relevant so just ask if you need it.

Nootnootpenguin

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Sorry about taking awhile--gave up hope that anyone would reply. It's such a frustrating issue. Oh, and I tried the reinstall trick but basically a few minutes into everything working the speakers/on-board sound stops working. I can't even webcam a loved one because the headset and audio on my bluetooths (which kinda bypass the issue) keeps cutting off each time immediately when it starts.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS