Mattkatt

Prominent
Dec 13, 2020
So I have a Zephyrus s17 (GX701GWR) which is not in warranty anymore. Today the speakers did not work anymore, although the system detects them and says that they are working fine. I opened the laptop up to clean it and before screwing it back in I turned it on and the sound waas working, so I thought the problem was fixed. As soon as I screwed it back together and turned it on the sound was gone again. I tried reinstalling the drivers, windows, updaing everything with no success. What could be the problem? The speakers have been working perfectly fine until now. I will also say that the headphones are working fine, its just the speakers themselves that are faulty.

Mattkatt

Prominent
Dec 13, 2020
Thanks for the reply! The speaker pins are soldered to the motherboard, and, I'm 100% sure that's not the problem, because I found out something new. If I remove the battery and the AC, release the static by holding the power button for 30s, then power it back on the speakers work. If I restart the laptop they stop working and I have to do the same procedure before using them again. My battery is also faulty (doesn't hold charge, just shuts off when unplugged). Could that be the cause?