Laptop SSD or SSHD?

Super_Nova

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I recently bought a dirtcheap laptop (a Dell E6410 with i7-620m CPU for €80). It has a 250GB. hard drive. It is a secondary computer and I use it mainly for office (word, excell, outlook), Firefox and occasionally very very light gaming or watching Youtube. No heavy duty stuff like gaming or Photoshop or videorendering. I'm thinking about replacing the hd. with either a SSD or with a SSHD. The SSD is 256GB. and costs €67 and the SSHD is 500GB and also cost €67. What would the good people of TH recommend?

Solution
Do you have to save many files/install programs on it? Because if you can stay like, below 200GB (considering programs/games installed and alot of files on it) then I'd go for the SSD for sure, but that if you really need the speed of the SSD. But if storage space is what you need then go for the SSHD or simply a larger HDD.

Akarin

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Do you have to save many files/install programs on it? Because if you can stay like, below 200GB (considering programs/games installed and alot of files on it) then I'd go for the SSD for sure, but that if you really need the speed of the SSD. But if storage space is what you need then go for the SSHD or simply a larger HDD.

Solution