[SOLVED] Laptop struggling with connection, smart phone is fine

Jan 30, 2019
Hello,

Over the past months I noticed that my laptop had some connection issues. Sometimes it would load pages slower or just disconnect me during a game. But mainly I thought my laptop was doing updates or my internet just had a small hiccup.

However since a couple of days my connection is very unstable, I keep disconnecting almost every single minute in a game and it takes sometimes ages to load a regular browser page. I looked at anything which might've caused this problem, like updates but those weren't happening. Also I tried to restart my modem (cisco EPC 3928) and do everything my internet provider would suggest me to do to fix this issue.

Everything I tried did not seem to work and then I also realized that it might not even be my connection itself. This because my phone is doing just fine while my laptop is not connecting or slowly connecting. This makes me think it has to do with my laptop but I just do not know what and how to solve it.

My laptop is an Asus R556LD-XX398H running windows 10. It contains the same specs as any other laptop from this type. I can post it if needed but I need to look for it.

Anyone has an idea what might cause this issue and how to solve it? I would appreciate it

Solution
It's possible that you just need to update your wireless driver.
Here's how to do that:
1. Use this link -> https://www.asus.com/supportonly/R556LD/HelpDesk_download/
2. Put in your CPU or BIOS model (at the bottom of the screen)
3. Then put in your OS
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page
5. Hit 'Download' in the box under "Wireless"
6. Let it download, and then run it

If you haven't already, I would try to plug your laptop into your router with an ethernet cord and see if it ever disconnects. If it still disconnects, than it is probably an issue with system itself.

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015
It's possible that you just need to update your wireless driver.
Here's how to do that:
1. Use this link -> https://www.asus.com/supportonly/R556LD/HelpDesk_download/
2. Put in your CPU or BIOS model (at the bottom of the screen)
3. Then put in your OS
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page
5. Hit 'Download' in the box under "Wireless"
6. Let it download, and then run it

If you haven't already, I would try to plug your laptop into your router with an ethernet cord and see if it ever disconnects. If it still disconnects, than it is probably an issue with system itself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS