[SOLVED] Laptop stuck in bootloop

daniel.eirmishin

Reputable
Oct 19, 2017
hey :)

I have an Asus laptop, the model is UM425QA. here's an amazon link.
So couple days ago suddenly no Wi-Fi. I tried to find WIFI options in settings and there is no WIFI there, the laptop is acting as it has no WIFI module at all. strange.
I click on device manager to try and find where is my WI-FI, I see that there is a problem with 'intel wireless ac 8265', in properties 'device couldn't start up code 10' something like it.
After doing some google search and trying to diagnose it with MyAsus app, it suggested me to reinstall the driver of this thing. ok, it tried, still no WI-FI.
So I entered recovery and did a reset , did not help too, tried to download driver for this model from Asus site and install it.
here's the fun begin lol - after installing the driver from Asus, the laptop is in a bootloop with the following errors (Netwtw06.sys) :

746fc2b6d4589b8fb951bc113015057f7ae3012a.jpg

1ef587499e6fff2637e06447bbe9af95916a533f.jpg

Tried to clean install windows, but it's acting the same.
From my research - what I need to do is boot in safe mode, find the corrupt driver, replace it.
but now I cant enter recovery mode and the win 11 usb doesn't have an option of safe mode (it has only repair reboot which is not doing a thing).

6fb942a6cd268ee4b76de93f08f77da4b9601615.jpg

what should I do? I am stuck lol help ;(

Solution
did you get win 11 on completely? or does it error during install?

if it crashes during install process, have you tried installing with a Ethernet cable attached? it might get you past that stage

looking at 3rd picture I think everything below this point was a waste of typing. It doesn't look like win 11 works right.

if you have it installed, but it still BSOD, I might be able to get you into safe mode.

You can't boot into safe mode in 10 or 11 as function disabled for security reasons. Can be enabled though

Boot from win 11 installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.

choose troubleshoot

choose advanced

choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you get win 11 on completely? or does it error during install?

if it crashes during install process, have you tried installing with a Ethernet cable attached? it might get you past that stage

looking at 3rd picture I think everything below this point was a waste of typing. It doesn't look like win 11 works right.

if you have it installed, but it still BSOD, I might be able to get you into safe mode.

You can't boot into safe mode in 10 or 11 as function disabled for security reasons. Can be enabled though

Boot from win 11 installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.

choose troubleshoot

choose advanced

choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

restart pc and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

only real option here might be to disable wifi so you can at least boot in, but you probably need to use Ethernet.

if you can get into windows 11 without bsod, I would run this and see what it finds - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Solution