Question Laptop stuck in recovery mode ?

Feb 10, 2023
Razer Blade 15
Product No.: RZ09-03286E22
Serial No.: [removed by moderator for security reasons]

I was using Diskdrill and Recuva to recover a deleted game file. As Diskdrill was scanning I walked away from the computer for a minute and came back to find my laptop in recovery mode, I clicked start recovery and got a pop up with the number 5 in it and nothing else so I tried exiting out of that and it did the recovery in like a few seconds when it shut down the computer I turned it back on only to end end up back on that initial recovery screen and that's all that happens now. I tried pressing F4-F8 each time I booted up but nothing I press on the keyboard works. I can't access anything but recovery mode when the computer is on.

I tried to seek support here, to no avail:

IMPORTANT! WATCH VIDEO TO SEE EXACT PROBLEM IT SHOULD ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
View: https://imgur.com/a/8F2Ff6o

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023
Recovery mode is for users who want to delete all data and put the laptop back to its original factory settings. Is that what you wanted to achieve or were you thinking it would simply make your laptop bootable again?
I didn't chose to enter recovery mode the laptop did that itself randomly. I've been trying to get out of recovery mode

Feb 10, 2023
My only options are to exit and shut down or start recovery that's it. Pressing F9 or any of the other F keys does absolutely nothing. The video I posted should show you exactly what's happening. Thanks for your reply.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
I didn't chose to enter recovery mode the laptop did that itself randomly.

I know that and you said that in your first post.

You didn't answer my question. Why did you decide to click on the "Start recovery" option?

Anyhow, let's assume that you want to make your laptop boot up normally again:

1) Create a Windows 10 installation media USB by following the instructions here.

2) Boot the laptop from the USB stick and follow the initial prompts. When you get to the install Windows section, click on "Repair your computer". See below:

repair-your-computer-windows-setup.png

3) From the options screen, choose "Troubleshoot". The first option to try is "Startup Repair". If that doesn't help then you could try "System Restore" using an available restore-point date that immediately predates the onset of this problem.

PS: I forgot to mention that you need to check that the F9 key is not stuck down as that would trigger Razer recovery mode every time the laptop's turned on.

Last edited: