Question Laptop stuck on egpu installation

Oct 14, 2019
I have an hp au172tx .. i have kinda upgraded it .. so rn .. it's got 250gb ssd .. 32gb ram .. gtx 940mx dgpu .. i7 7th gen cpu .. I'm trying to hook up an egpu .. i have an asus gtx 1060 6gb .. i was using it in my pc but wanna use it with laptop .. took out pc power supply and gpu got the exp gdc 8.0 did all the setup .. took a long time .. rn I'm stuck on a problem .. that if i boot up with my egpu plugged in the wifi place (ngff version) .. the laptop gets stuck on boot .. as soon as i unplug .. the laptop boots up .. then if i plug it again .. laptop gets stuck again .. everything freezes nothing works at all .. but as soon as i unplug it .. laptop works fine .. I don't know what's causing that I've tried to look at all the forums and everything .. one said to keep the power supply on all the time so i even switched the atx power on .. on the exp gdc dock and put the pdc to 15s .. so delay and always on .. but it still doesn't work .. i need help with this plz

Oct 14, 2019
Remove the gpu from the e-adapter and see if it boot's with the adapter plugged in.
I assume you had powered the eGPU before booting the laptop
Thanks for replying .. and i tried it .. the system doesn't boot up even without egpu and just the adaptar connected .. and yes i tried powering it up before turning on the laptop .. and also tried it the simple way .. where it turns on itself when you turn on the laptop.

Oct 14, 2019
Ok that means the issue is with the adapter or the slot where you have it plugged in.
Which slot did you plug into? Most of the E-gpu adapters need the wifi card slot and won't work in an m2 slot.
I have plugged it in the wifi slot .. ngff .. i can send a picture if you say so ..

Oct 14, 2019
Also i don't know if i mentioned it .. but the caplslock light keeps blinking whenever the laptop gets stuck .. that's all i can notice
Okay .. i tested it without even turning on the exp gdc dock .. if i connect the ngff cable to the dock .. the laptop gets stuck ..
Means .. if i just connect the cable .. that's fine .. which should be anyway cause that does nothing at all .. just put the ngff in laptop and the other end is just open .. but as soon as i put the hdmi end in the exp gdc dock .. the laptop gets stuck even if the exp gdc is totally turned off .. no power at all .. can you tell me why is that ? .. or if something is faulty so i can get a replacement .. i only got 7 days to order a refund lol