Question Laptop suddenly doesnt boot

Santoryu_Zoro

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
This morning it worked fine. I opened it, did my stuff and shut down. On this afternoon i tried powering up again, but nothing. I pressed the power button to drain static and then powered on, nothing. I unplugged the battery, did the same, then put the power cable, no booting. I even removed the cmos, nothing. Did my motherboard just broke??

Santoryu_Zoro

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
How old is the battery? Maybe it needs replacing. Have you tried another charger?
3 years old, bought it new in 2017. the problem is that even if i remove the battery, it doesnt charge! the charging led comes on, but nothing even after hours. im thinking something could be fried?
havent tried another charger honestly, since it uses a usb kind one and the local shop didnt have a spare one to check.

SteveRX4

Prominent
Sep 29, 2020
If you remove the battery then you can't charge the battery. But you should be able to run your laptop.

This charger - https://www.adapterspc.com.au/laptop-adapters-c-57/lenovo-laptop-adapters-c-57_21/original-135w-power-adapter-lenovo-ideapad-70015isk-80ru-free-cord-p-221529.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw5p_8BRBUEiwAPpJO6xGYQqdKJzP73LxBplnJ6boE-xx1XUJzL0hEXvHtSzy6kf_i-y3fJhoCV_4QAvD_BwE

Doesn't cost much. Yeah it looks like a usb connector. But I gather it's not - you couldn't run enough power through a usb without damaging it.

Maybe you need to bite the bullet and buy a new charger.

Santoryu_Zoro

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
If you remove the battery then you can't charge the battery. But you should be able to run your laptop.

This charger - https://www.adapterspc.com.au/laptop-adapters-c-57/lenovo-laptop-adapters-c-57_21/original-135w-power-adapter-lenovo-ideapad-70015isk-80ru-free-cord-p-221529.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw5p_8BRBUEiwAPpJO6xGYQqdKJzP73LxBplnJ6boE-xx1XUJzL0hEXvHtSzy6kf_i-y3fJhoCV_4QAvD_BwE

Doesn't cost much. Yeah it looks like a usb connector. But I gather it's not - you couldn't run enough power through a usb without damaging it.

Maybe you need to bite the bullet and buy a new charger.
i might do that, but i again, without the battery, but with the power cable shouldnt i be able to turn it on? because i cant. thats why im thinking a fried mobo or something

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS