Question Laptop suddenly doesnt boot

Santoryu_Zoro

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
This morning it worked fine. I opened it, did my stuff and shut down. On this afternoon i tried powering up again, but nothing. I pressed the power button to drain static and then powered on, nothing. I unplugged the battery, did the same, then put the power cable, no booting. I even removed the cmos, nothing. Did my motherboard just broke??

Santoryu_Zoro

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
How old is the battery? Maybe it needs replacing. Have you tried another charger?
3 years old, bought it new in 2017. the problem is that even if i remove the battery, it doesnt charge! the charging led comes on, but nothing even after hours. im thinking something could be fried?
havent tried another charger honestly, since it uses a usb kind one and the local shop didnt have a spare one to check.

Santoryu_Zoro

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
If you remove the battery then you can't charge the battery. But you should be able to run your laptop.

This charger - https://www.adapterspc.com.au/lapto...oE-xx1XUJzL0hEXvHtSzy6kf_i-y3fJhoCV_4QAvD_BwE

Doesn't cost much. Yeah it looks like a usb connector. But I gather it's not - you couldn't run enough power through a usb without damaging it.

Maybe you need to bite the bullet and buy a new charger.
i might do that, but i again, without the battery, but with the power cable shouldnt i be able to turn it on? because i cant. thats why im thinking a fried mobo or something