[SOLVED] Laptop suddenly shut down by itself ?

flblp

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
My laptop suddenly shut down when it was on 100% battery and plugged in (I never unplug it as I work from home). Had trouble turning it on again at first but managed to turn it on after a while. Battery life was 0% upon startup. I can't try using my laptop on only ac power as the battery is non removable. Is my battery a goner? Or am I facing something more serious?

Specs: Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G-58RV
Intel i5-8250G 1.6ghz
ITB HDD
8GB Ram
Purchased new in 2018.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for your reply. I've edited the original post to include the specs. If I remove the battery by unscrewing the back casing and removing it, am I still able to use it on AC power ? I know older model laptops which had batteries that could be removed without unscrewing anything , as in they are meant to be easily removed, could be directly plugged in and used on AC power without the battery.

Can't think of any laptops that won't run on wall power with the battery disconnected, it should work.
My laptop suddenly shut down when it was on 100% battery and plugged in (I never unplug it as I work from home). Had trouble turning it on again at first but managed to turn it on after a while. Battery life was 0% upon startup. I can't try using my laptop on only ac power as the battery is non removable. Is my battery a goner? Or am I facing something more serious?

Laptops specs and age would help.

The battery is likely removable, you just need to open the case to get to it. Without replacing the battery there is no way to know if it's that or something else.

flblp

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2015
Laptops specs and age would help.

The battery is likely removable, you just need to open the case to get to it. Without replacing the battery there is no way to know if it's that or something else.
Thanks for your reply. I've edited the original post to include the specs. If I remove the battery by unscrewing the back casing and removing it, am I still able to use it on AC power ? I know older model laptops which had batteries that could be removed without unscrewing anything , as in they are meant to be easily removed, could be directly plugged in and used on AC power without the battery.

Can't think of any laptops that won't run on wall power with the battery disconnected, it should work.

Solution