[SOLVED] Laptop suddenly stopped

Feb 19, 2020
My Lenovo y-410p suddenly showed a break in the screen hinge and when I tried to close it the whole computer died. I have homework due in 34 hours and It shutdown in the middle of my work. What do I do!?!?

Solution
is it just monitor that went out or did the computer shutoff? You may want to attach an exterior monitor and see if it will boot. You may want to try a hard boot, meaning to remove the battery, unplug the ac adapter, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, than plug in the ac adapter and see if it will boot.
Feb 1, 2020
My Lenovo y-410p suddenly showed a break in the screen hinge and when I tried to close it the whole computer died. I have homework due in 34 hours and It shutdown in the middle of my work. What do I do!?!?
1.Did it shutdown like in a fraction of a second?
2."suddenly showed a break in the screen hinge"-You mean your screen hinge broke?
3.Does it power on?

is it just monitor that went out or did the computer shutoff? You may want to attach an exterior monitor and see if it will boot. You may want to try a hard boot, meaning to remove the battery, unplug the ac adapter, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, than plug in the ac adapter and see if it will boot.

Solution
Feb 19, 2020
1.Did it shutdown like in a fraction of a second?
2."suddenly showed a break in the screen hinge"-You mean your screen hinge broke?
3.Does it power on?
Hey yeah I don’t know how or when my screen hinge broke but the laptop shutdown completely when I tried to close the screen. It will not power on at all!

Feb 19, 2020
The whole computer is out. The screen hinge is completely detached from the laptop and I have no idea when or how it happened. I will keep trying.