[SOLVED] Laptop suddenly turning off then not turning on

Cubixty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
Hello ,

So I have a Alienware R3 13 and just recently its been shutting off in the middle of games and light usage and then sometimes it take minutes till I can turn it back on. The laptop is running without a battery since I had to remove it due to it bulging and being unsafe for use. The laptop would not suddenly turn off when the battery was inside the laptop . I was repasting the GPU and CPU and I noticed that the battery was bulging. Would really appreciate any help or advice. Thank you

Solution
It works with the battery? Sounds like the power adapter is no good. Try it with another one if you can. Make sure it is the right specs.
Hello ,

So I have a Alienware R3 13 and just recently its been shutting off in the middle of games and light usage and then sometimes it take minutes till I can turn it back on. The laptop is running without a battery since I had to remove it due to it bulging and being unsafe for use. The laptop would not suddenly turn off when the battery was inside the laptop . I was repasting the GPU and CPU and I noticed that the battery was bulging. Would really appreciate any help or advice. Thank you
How long ago did you notice the problem and was rethermalling? If it was about 8months to later it may have fried from excessive heat from being plugged in so much..... if recent it may have had a short from when the battery was having a issue leading to miss current through the laptop causing failure in components