[SOLVED] Laptop suddenly won't boot to windows

nvincent_08

Reputable
So my laptop suddenly don't want to boot to windows, all it did is only showing black screen with loading circle. Last thing i did before this happened was forcing it to turn off with the power button due to my laptop is freezing. The hdd on the laptop seemed to be having problem as i get some bsod with code that indicates it might be problem with the drive few times in the last couple month and the hard drive became really slow because of high response time and the health is pretty bad at 53% when i checked it with hdd sentinel. I've already tried removing the hard drive and install it back, also tried resetting the battery(i might actually did this one wrong way), now i dont really know what to try, hopefully someone can help me as i need my laptop to be working as i use it daily to do all school stuff

My laptop:
Acer E5-475G, specs:
-i5-7200u
-12gb ddr4(8+4gb)
-geforce 940mx
-1tb hdd

Peripheral i use, just in case those might be the problem:
-razer blackwidow
-razer kraken 7.1 v2
-logitech g703<-(i heard few people say wireless logitech mouse cause this)
-lg 22 inch fhd monitor(forgot the model name)

Pic of the screen:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uuRN_UWch-ca_XsnQcNNSuTXYdxdmhAd/view?usp=drivesdk

Solution
Every symptom you listed says failing drive to me. While it hasn't 100% failed yet, it is only a matter of time. There is still a chance you can recover most if not all of your data off of it, but I would recommend not trying to boot from it anymore. You will need to connect to another system through either an external enclosure or dock, or connect it to a desktop computer that has extra SATA power and data connections. If you have trouble getting a Windows based machine to copy data off of the drive due to its current state, I would recommend making a bootable flash drive of a Linux distro and boot from that to copy the data off. Linux seems to care a lot less when it comes to dealing with failing drives.

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Every symptom you listed says failing drive to me. While it hasn't 100% failed yet, it is only a matter of time. There is still a chance you can recover most if not all of your data off of it, but I would recommend not trying to boot from it anymore. You will need to connect to another system through either an external enclosure or dock, or connect it to a desktop computer that has extra SATA power and data connections. If you have trouble getting a Windows based machine to copy data off of the drive due to its current state, I would recommend making a bootable flash drive of a Linux distro and boot from that to copy the data off. Linux seems to care a lot less when it comes to dealing with failing drives.

Solution

nvincent_08

Reputable

woah luckily you replied pretty quick, bought new drive today morning and now im running with the new drive, i also fortunately got sata to usb cable and managed to get the all important data moved from the dying drive. thanks so much mate

Reactions: Darth Sicaedus