Laptop suggestions (1900$)

Evary

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
1. What is your budget? A maximum of 2400$ CAD, so 1900$ USD.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Anything above 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Both, I am looking to sell my PC and current laptop to buy a new one.

5. How much battery life do you need? It will always be plugged in.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I do not play recent games, but I like to use the maximum refresh rate possible with my monitor (and screen), and push less demanding games to their limits (Teardown, Minecraft with RTX)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Nothing much, but I'd still chose number of cores over maximum clock speed in a cpu.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512Gb+, I can upgrade it later myself.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Since I live in Canada, bestbuy.ca sometimes has great deals, although I do not really mind buying a laptop somewhere else.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years maximum

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Nothing

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I do not feel comfortable buying a laptop from HP, since every time I tried to contact them has been a total failure.

13. What country do you live in? Canada!

14. I need a webcam, and since I will be using this in classrooms, a good whisper mode would be a great addition. A high refresh rate, color accurate is also a must.

I think that's pretty much it, I've got my eyes on a few models, but with the different wattages, Intel or AMD stuff, and prices that go from 1700$ to 2400$ CAD for what seems to be the same stuff, I do not want to miss anything.

Evary

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Also, since I'll buy this in a few months (June-july) should I wait for AMD laptops? The Intel ones seem to be pretty lacking atm