Question Laptop suggestions for a friend [inexperienced]

Oct 13, 2019
Hey,
My friend - who never had a laptop or a computer in his life - really needs a laptop for university.
  1. The budget's 1000 Euros. The fewer the better.
  2. Size should be around 14-15is.
  3. FHD for resolution will suffice.
  4. It should be really portable.
  5. As for battery life: around 8h would be enough. The more the better.
  6. He wont play any games on it.
  7. He will only use it for college stuff [word/spreadsheet] and some media consumption [Netflix].
  8. Storage should be about 500GB.
  9. /
  10. He wants to keep it for a while. 5 years minimum but definitely longer.
  11. No need for any optical drive.
  12. no preferences. Though, I heard a lot about these Lenove Ideapad Yogas and some Microsoft Surfaces.
  13. We live in Germany.
  14. He'd really like a Touchpad. Additionally, it should be a little flexible [like the Yoga] to use it as a tablet.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

D

Deleted member 1272431

Requirements:
-16GB RAM
-SSD
-i7

That's about it. I paid 1100 for a PC like that one 2 years ago. Still runs flawlesly (obviously).
Any known brand will do, they're using pices off each other anyway, so.
Look into Amazon's daily offers, there's plenty of them.

Jun 18, 2020
You have covered most of the requirements, but I’d like to know some more because there are a lot of feature-packed notebooks for your friend.

What about the OS?

Any specific requirement on mobos?

Processors and RAM storage requirements?

HDD or SSD?

If you are ok with any of these, then I’d highly recommend the following laptops for sheer durability and performance.

Lenovo ThinkPad T495

Huawei MateBook D 14

Surface Pro 6 and

Asus ZenBook Flip 15

I look forward to any specific requirements you might have. Please share it and I’d be happy to recommend some more.

Oct 13, 2019
You have covered most of the requirements, but I’d like to know some more because there are a lot of feature-packed notebooks for your friend.

What about the OS?

Any specific requirement on mobos?

Processors and RAM storage requirements?

HDD or SSD?

If you are ok with any of these, then I’d highly recommend the following laptops for sheer durability and performance.

Lenovo ThinkPad T495

Huawei MateBook D 14

Surface Pro 6 and

Asus ZenBook Flip 15

I look forward to any specific requirements you might have. Please share it and I’d be happy to recommend some more.

Hey man,
Thanks for the recommendations!
As for OS, Win10 home should be alright. Mobo isnt important for him. RAM would be 8GB preferred and as for storage it should be an SSD.

Hey,
My friend - who never had a laptop or a computer in his life - really needs a laptop for university.
  1. The budget's 1000 Euros. The fewer the better.
  2. Size should be around 14-15is.
  3. FHD for resolution will suffice.
  4. It should be really portable.
  5. As for battery life: around 8h would be enough. The more the better.
  6. He wont play any games on it.
  7. He will only use it for college stuff [word/spreadsheet] and some media consumption [Netflix].
  8. Storage should be about 500GB.
  9. /
  10. He wants to keep it for a while. 5 years minimum but definitely longer.
  11. No need for any optical drive.
  12. no preferences. Though, I heard a lot about these Lenove Ideapad Yogas and some Microsoft Surfaces.
  13. We live in Germany.
  14. He'd really like a Touchpad. Additionally, it should be a little flexible [like the Yoga] to use it as a tablet.
Thanks in advance for any help! :)
MMMMMMMMMMMMMacBook

Reactions: mkaafy
Jun 18, 2020
Hey man,
Thanks for the recommendations!
As for OS, Win10 home should be alright. Mobo isnt important for him. RAM would be 8GB preferred and as for storage it should be an SSD.
Taking your budget into account and the specs you have mentioned now, ASUS ZenBook Flip 15 would be a great choice, because you get Windows 10, 64-bit OS, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, and GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q graphics. This is an excellent deal for your budget.

Also check out, Acer Swift 5 and Surface Pro 6.

Cheers!