[SOLVED] Laptop Super Slow not how it used to be

Jul 25, 2018
so i was play league of legends yesterday and i was putting a notebook under the laptop to lift it but it got pushed in a little and blocked the fans

long story short : it overheated shutdown clicking the power button wouldnt do anything its just dead but the power LED would light up with charger in so i pulled out the battery and held the power button and i assume the bios reset (because time and date in bio got reset and it started me in bios page) and i opened the laptop and omg thats the SLOWEST i have ever seen it it has never ever been this slow and everything in quarantine got removed idk why and i tried everything tbh i used multiple antiviruses to scan used malwarebytes (scaned for rootkits) used avast premier got some stuff but no effect tried looking for messed up extensions in all browsers found nothing and so far been searching in anything active and i cant find anything related to malware and i dont know what could be wrong with the laptop itself since nothing happened to it maybe something changed in bios but idk its just default plz help

Solution
Ok i got it working fine now apparently when it overheats and shutdowns (because it happened again) it throttles the cpu at a fixed 0.8 ghz and all i did was reset bios settings to default and it went back up to 1.7 ghz .. btw it should be 2.4 ghz max but all i have ever got since i owned this laptop is 1.7 i have battery settings on high performance btw but it overheats when cpu is at 1.7 ghz so i cleaned it and got a cheap cooling pad and it works fine now
Jul 25, 2018
Specs are
CPU:Intel core i5 4210U 4cpus 2 cores 1.70 GHz 2.40 GHz
GPU:AMD Radeon R7 260
Ram: 6 GB
All Drivers Up to Date
No Malware
Current windows version is :1809
64 bit system
and laptop is Toshiba Satellite L50-B905

and it was working just fine before this problem happened and its not malware nor overheating the problem was caused by overheating but thats done now and i checked for malware by many anti viruses and malware doesnt seem to be the issue here also i believe bios were reset

Jul 25, 2018
bios were not reset i chatted with microsoft support and they told me that time and date reset when when u remove the battery so bios are not reset also they did a clean boot and cleaned something dump in startup and checked performance they did a bunch of stuff before telling me to contact toshiba and that it might be a disk issue even they they told me that disk is performing nornally in task manager but they just told me to contact toshiba also problem is still here

bios were not reset i chatted with microsoft support and they told me that time and date reset when when u remove the battery so bios are not reset also they did a clean boot and cleaned something dump in startup and checked performance they did a bunch of stuff before telling me to contact toshiba and that it might be a disk issue even they they told me that disk is performing nornally in task manager but they just told me to contact toshiba also problem is still here
Did you go into bios and check off reset bios to default? Use ccleaner and clean up your hard drive. Also check to see if the HD needs to be defragmented. After you do that go in to power settings and set the power to high performance. That changes a lot of things to get maximum performance out of your laptop. Restart the computer and see if all of that helps.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
its not a performance issue yet its super slow also no i didnt do that (checking off bios thing) also HDD doesnt need to be defragmented and its already high performance and restarting doesnt do anything

its not a performance issue yet its super slow also no i didnt do that (checking off bios thing) also HDD doesnt need to be defragmented and its already high performance and restarting doesnt do anything
When you go in to device manager are there any yellow exclamation marks next to any line? Go in to task manager and click on startup box, see if you have a lot of apps that cause high start up use and try and disable some. Also when in task manager see if anything is running using abnormally high resources in processes section. Use a temp monitoring app and see if your cpu is running hot. The other reality may be you cooked your cpu/motherboard.

Jul 25, 2018
Ok i got it working fine now apparently when it overheats and shutdowns (because it happened again) it throttles the cpu at a fixed 0.8 ghz and all i did was reset bios settings to default and it went back up to 1.7 ghz .. btw it should be 2.4 ghz max but all i have ever got since i owned this laptop is 1.7 i have battery settings on high performance btw but it overheats when cpu is at 1.7 ghz so i cleaned it and got a cheap cooling pad and it works fine now

Solution