Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2019
Hey there.
I recently received a brand new RCA Cambio W101SA23T1, and it's not booting.

At first, it would turn on and say "Preparing automatic repair", then go to a screen where it gave me the error code 0xC0000185, and tell me "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed."

It randomly went to "Diagnosing your PC" once, and I tried FIXMBR, however upon restart it would do the same thing as before and wouldn't let me back into advanced repair.

Now it won't even boot to UFEI or give me the "Preparing automatic repair" message.
It will turn on, tell me it's going to boot, then turn off.
Even if I press the button to open UFEI, it just shuts off.

Things I've already tried:
Making bootable x64 Win 10 USB (NTFS)
Making bootable x64 Win 10 USB (FAT32)
Making recovery USB from a working copy of Windows 10
Turning off safe boot
Turning on safe boot
Turning off fast boot
Turning on fast boot
Changing boot order
Using manual boot
Updating date through UFEI
FIXMBR

Currently I cannot access anything as it will not let me past the boot screen.
It will tell me "UFEI Version XXXX" then attempt to boot, but it just turns off. Trying to access UFEI results in the same thing happening.

Solution
Hello, I seemed to have managed to fix it.
Even though my friend said x64 the system is x32.
Using the Windows Media Creation Tool with the "Both" setting, I was able to boot into installation.
Kast1450, or anyone here, I was hoping you could assist me. Do you have any advice on how you succeeded? I am helping a friend with the same issue on the same RCA Cambio. I feel like this is a hard drive failure, but the tech specs imply that it only has flash memory. I tried searching only for a specific recovery disk for the RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 without luck.

I tried many of the things you did included the x64 vs x32 and both. I also tried booting from a USB OS like Knoppix. I did NOT try FIXMBR yet, but that seems to get you into...
Mar 28, 2019
"Brand new" - still in warranty - return it for repair.
Or make USB installation media, and try to reinstall / repair.
I already tried USB installation medias, both NTFS and FAT32, but it won't boot into them it seems. Tried changing the boot order and even removing the Windows boot loader from the list, but it wont work.

It's brand new in box, but I got it from a friend and the UFEI date is 2017.

Mar 28, 2019
Okay, it's booting into "Preparing automatic repair" again now, but it's still not booting into windows advanced repair or windows itself. I've already tried all the stuff I've said in the first post, but I haven't tried a x32 FAT32 USB yet, so I'll guess I'll try that. I'll upload a video of the problem I'm having soon.

Mar 28, 2019
Using the Windows Media Creation Tool with the "Both" setting, I was able to boot into installation.

Nov 21, 2021
Kast1450, or anyone here, I was hoping you could assist me. Do you have any advice on how you succeeded? I am helping a friend with the same issue on the same RCA Cambio. I feel like this is a hard drive failure, but the tech specs imply that it only has flash memory. I tried searching only for a specific recovery disk for the RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 without luck.

I tried many of the things you did included the x64 vs x32 and both. I also tried booting from a USB OS like Knoppix. I did NOT try FIXMBR yet, but that seems to get you into trouble. I was able to get into the USB boot windows x32 install menu, but windows implied it needed to locate a valid version of windows (which implies it can't) and I could not do a fresh install. Try to "repair" from the USB Windows recovery just reboots to the same error. I have not tried any date adjustment yet.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.