Laptop takes hours to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedHurricane

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
When I boot up my laptop[a lenovo y510p] the lenovo screen loads fine with the little dot circle. Then after that I get a black and blue screen that lasts for hours. After that my computer loads windows with lots of errors like I can't launch apps or the task bar won't show. Sometimes it tells me that my system had a bad time booting or an error named WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It all happened after my laptop updated to a newer version of windows 10. In the bios I tried to do a system recovery but it says that something is wrong with drive C: . I don't know what to do because I use my laptop every day!

USAFRet

Titan

Windows 10 has nothing to do with this.
3 of the 4 local machines I've upgraded to 10 are laptops. All running just as well, if not better, than the previous 7 or 8.1.

nomadicwarrior

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015

Well there's an awful lot of reports on various forums saying that laptops that previously worked with no problem are crashing after installation of Windows 10. They can't all be coincidental. I don't buy that for one second.

USAFRet

Titan

And there were similar reports of machines failing going from Win 8 to 8.1, and from Win 7 to 8, and from Vista to 7, and on and on.
The vast majority of these reports were due to driver issues.

As said, all my laptops have been fine. Ranging from a 6 year old Toshiba, to a 2 week old Asus Transformer.
Is the upgrade to Windows 10 perfect on all machines? Of course not!
However...of the 100+ million machines that have been upgraded from 7 or 8.1 to 10, the vast majority have apparently worked no problem. Otherwise, we'd be reading a whole lot more issues and reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS