Question Laptop taking lot of time to get to even the manufacturer logo while booting.

rajwadkar02

Reputable
Oct 13, 2017
This issue started out of nowhere.
When I power on my laptop, there's an LED on my caps lock that lights up and stays on for 20-30 seconds with no fans on at all and then the screen turns on. And the rest of the windows boots pretty fast. It's just the time between powering on the laptop and the laptop turning on and getting to BIOS.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 3576

Solutions Tried:
Sfc Scan
Startup Repair
Safe Boot takes the same time
Bios : Firmware update fails but shows the newly installed version in system properties when booting. Tried upgrading and downgrading, didn't fix the issue.

Please help guys.

Lutfij

Titan
It's possible that the ram might be on it's way out. Perhaps take the stick(s) of ram out and wipe the gold contacts clean using an eraser. Remove any eraser dust/debris and then replace in the slots. Are you working with an HDD or an SSD? Also, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?

rajwadkar02

Reputable
Oct 13, 2017
It's possible that the ram might be on it's way out. Perhaps take the stick(s) of ram out and wipe the gold contacts clean using an eraser. Remove any eraser dust/debris and then replace in the slots. Are you working with an HDD or an SSD? Also, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?
I'll try the RAM thing. I'm on HDD and Bios Version is 1.2.0

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
I have seen many hard drives going bad cause this same type of issue. U could take the hard drive out, then turn it on to see if the caps lock LED still stays for the 30 seconds. Of course, your system will not boot, but it should give u the message about not being able to boot almost immediately and without any delay. I don't trust regular HDD's at all any more, and I would always try to rule that out first if u have an HDD if possible.

rajwadkar02

Reputable
Oct 13, 2017
I tried by cleaning the ram and it's still the same.

rajwadkar02

Reputable
Oct 13, 2017
I
I have seen many hard drives going bad cause this same type of issue. U could take the hard drive out, then turn it on to see if the caps lock LED still stays for the 30 seconds. Of course, your system will not boot, but it should give u the message about not being able to boot almost immediately and without any delay. I don't trust regular HDD's at all any more, and I would always try to rule that out first if u have an HDD if possible.
I removed the hard drive and it still took 30 seconds.