Laptop to 4 lcd tv dispalys help

dedline

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
I could not find the right section for this post but I hope someone here can help me out. I work at a business that wants to use one laptop to output 4 different webpages with real time activity to 4 seperate hdtv lcd 32 inch displays. The goal is to open 4 seperate web pages with different information and display one page full screen on each hdtv. Is this possible? Or are we going to have to run 4 laptops to the 4 displays, one web page per laptop to a display? Any help would be appreciated as we would obviously prefer to use one laptop. I was going to run a 1-4 hdmi splitter, with a hdmi-vga adapter until I realized, how am I going to get 4 webpages to display on 4 different displays off one laptop desktop? Please send your advise.

Thanks

Dedline

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Most laptops only have one outward display port, so it will be tricky if not impossible to use a single laptop to drive four displays. Possibly, you could use a splitter that evenly splits the input to all four monitors and just set the laptops output resolution to four times that of one of the monitors, but I have no idea if it would work. Even if it does, you won't be able to see all four screens on the laptops screen, you'll have to work from the monitors.

An alternative solution that would work for sure is to use a small form-factor PC. Just to display four webpages, you don't need much power, so you could go cheap on most of the components (although be sure to get a GPU that has four display outputs). It is an investment, but it would also be sure to work. You could probably build one yourself for around $500 or less, but I'm just guessing at the figure. It would be cheaper than buying four laptops, if that's your other option. If you already have the four laptops, obviously that would work, but it would be a pain organize.

Hope that's moderately helpful. If someone's done it, that would probably help you more.