Laptop to TV via HDMI Problem. Lag and looping sound.

Krille

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

I got a very annoying problem when I connect my Laptop to LED TV via HDMI Out.
Been searching the web for ages and tried about everything so I though I might try my luck here.

I'm streaming football and NHL on my laptop and when I want to watch it on my TV the picture isn't very smooth, laggy, and the sound is sort of looping for a half seceond every 10 seconds -ish. The quality though is HD.

It has been working before almost perfectly but now I found it hard to watch. And it sucks now when premier league just started and NHL is around the corner :) I think this started once when my Nividia Card wanted to update.

- It doesnt fix it with older, newest drivers or reinstall Nvidia Card.

- I've tried to set my LG LED TV (42 Full HD) to PC and Game Mode, turned of True Motion settings with no luck. (Also tried other modes) and different HDMI ports on the TV.

- I have been trying to change the resolution on laptop when TV is connected, no luck but it seem slightly better when I try 50Hz and 1366 x 768(?) (Which is my Laptops recomended resolution) But still not good enough.

I do have a Intel HD 4000 and a Nvidia GT 630M 2GB, been trying with hardware acceleration, updating Silver Light, Flash Player, set Nvidia to boost Chrome which is the browser I'm using when streaming. Seem like the computer still wants to use the Integraded Intel graphics, leaving the Nvidia outside. I can watch HD movies in WMP via HDMI pretty much perfectly.

Internet Connection: 100/100mb fiber, no issues.

TV: LG LEDTV Full HD 42¨ (2010)

HP Laptop System Information:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.32F.1B
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8090MB RAM
Page File: 2686MB used, 6683MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Display Devices:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Chip type: GeForce GT 630M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&SUBSYS_18FD103C&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1760 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

I have done a complete reinstall of windows and formatting. My computer it self is very clean.

Using a new HDMI Cable.

Works very well just watching directly on laptop but issues starts when I want to watch it on TV.

Is there a work around , sofware so the computer can use the NVidia card as first choice?

Is there any general recommended settings for HDMI Out, resolutions, Hz, etc?

Been reading guides after guides about input lag but I know it has been working before without any special settings. But suddenly it is not and I cant figure out how to get it to work smooth again.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks

Krille

Krille

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I believe its running on the HD4000. I do have a control panel for the Intel HD4000 where the TV shows up when connected and where I can change resolutions and different Hz.

Yes its HDMI out from Laptop and HDMI IN on TV.

I haven't found a way to change resolution directly on TV.

Thanks

Krille

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Yeah I thought so too. I don't know how. Is it possible? The TV shows up in Nvidias control panel aswell but it won't let me do any changes to it for some reasons.