Laptop too hot and low performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernaLang

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
So i download SpeedFan when my FPS's started to drop realy hard when i play games on Steam, and the temperatures when i am with skype and steam open are:
Core 0: 67C
Core 1: 67C
Core 2: 67C
Core 3: 68C
My CPU:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

I have the laptop for almost 2 years, and this never happened.
The fan is not making any noise at all when i start a game, i think before it used to do...
Help?

BernaLang

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

I forgot to mention but when i start to play csgo, the temps go to 90C, all of them..
English not my native so im not sure if this is what you are talking about but the pc has 2 graphic cards i think:
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640M 2GB
P.S: When im playing csgo SpeedFan Shows:
GPU: 78C
HD0: 46C
Core 0: 85
Core 1: 88
Core 2: 86
Core 3: 84

Okay, those temps are concerning. I think it's time for a thorough cleaning which will include some disassembly of the laptop. Your best bet IMO would be YouTube for disassembly instructions, look up your model number disassembly on YouTube, watch a few videos (if available) to find the best guide (there may even be one on cleaning the fans which would be ideal)
Any questions about that, just ask.

BernaLang

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

Yesterday i opened the pc, fully opened, i removed the motherboard, i removed the fan from its compartment and cleaned it, i even replaced the thermal paste, but when i turned on the pc again, the same thing happened, i lauched dishonored, 10 mins after that my temps just went to 98C and my Fps's from 60 to 20.
And today i just discovered one thing, i oppened the task manager and checked the CPU performance, and i saw that my CPU max speed is 2.40 GHZ and the current speed of it was constantly and 2.50/3.00 GHZ, dont know if thats normal... I never tried overclocking, so i guess that it cant be it, but i dont know, maybe thats whats causing the CPU to overheat and then lower its performance?
P.S: Sorry for my bad english :p

Status
Not open for further replies.