Question Laptop Total Freezing Problem

Apr 8, 2022
Hello everyone.
I have an Asus X550VX laptop which has i7 6700hq cpu, Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m gpu. About 1 month ago I formatted my laptop and started having freezing issues. It occurs when I open or close (depends on the app) games or apps. For example, when I try to open trackmania 2020 or Adobe Lightroom the computer freezes but for Rocket League I can play it totally normal and after closing it the computer freezes. When the computer frozen the only option is closing it with power button, any other button does not work, even the mouse cursor freezes. The weird part is that I could not replicate this issue with any diagnostic tool. I only remember using OCCT as diagnostic tool but it does not cause freezing. There is no entry about freezing at event viewer.
Solutions I have tried and still remember:
-Reformetted the pc
-Reinstalled graphics drivers (with DDU)
-Reinstalled other drivers
I can't understand this issue as software or hardware problem. Thanks for your help already.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? Where did you source the installer for said OS? What BIOS version are you on for your laptop? Where did you source the installers for your other app's? Are you using mismatched sticks of ram?

Apr 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? Where did you source the installer for said OS? What BIOS version are you on for your laptop? Where did you source the installers for your other app's? Are you using mismatched sticks of ram?
Hi!
I use Windows 10 Version 21H2 19044.1586. I used Windows installer from Microsofts own site. I used an usb drive to install windows. BIOS version is X550VX.305. I have updated the BIOS before formatting second time. I downloaded apps from their own installers like Steam or Ubisoft connect. I have never touched RAMs, so it's same as manufactured.

TRENDING THREADS