[SOLVED] Laptop Touchpad not working after wake

crasher046832

Prominent
Dec 6, 2020
So I have a HP Pavillion touchscreen with an AMD a6-6310 and radeon R4 mobile graphics. The touchpad works just fine but when i turn my laptop on after shutdown or sleep, or restart my laptop, the touchpad does not work only until i put the laptop into touchscreen mode and put it back to laptop mode.

Pls help.

Reactions: xenthia
Solution
So I have a HP Pavillion touchscreen with an AMD a6-6310 and radeon R4 mobile graphics. The touchpad works just fine but when i turn my laptop on after shutdown or sleep, or restart my laptop, the touchpad does not work only until i put the laptop into touchscreen mode and put it back to laptop mode.

Pls help.
It seems like perhaps a setting in the application or the driver. Have you checked the driver settings or the application settings to see if it says anything at all about the startup situation and which should be the default when computer first logs in?
Also are you using windows?
if so, go into the task scheduler program, and see if there are anything related to this particular driver that runs when you first log in, if...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012

Pls help.
It seems like perhaps a setting in the application or the driver. Have you checked the driver settings or the application settings to see if it says anything at all about the startup situation and which should be the default when computer first logs in?
Also are you using windows?
if so, go into the task scheduler program, and see if there are anything related to this particular driver that runs when you first log in, if you see a task that runs at login of a user or a task that is related to this particular driver, try to figure out its command and see if you can set to so that your desired input method appears first.
Also you can use Autoruns by Microsoft Sysinternals https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns which if you run either as your user or with admin rights, takes a while and gives you a long list of applications that run at login. Try to see if you can figure out anything there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS