[SOLVED] Laptop turns off under heavy use and it's not a cooling problem

abdullah.ahmed9003

Commendable
Mar 26, 2018
My laptop works fine when using adobe premiere or emulating ps2 games but whenever I try to play gta v it just turns itself off when the cutscene starts... I thought at first it was the fan so I put an ice pack over it to test that theory and despite the laptop being ice cold it shutdown..
I know it's something that has to do with the game being demanding but I can't point out the problem

Solution
An ex girlfriend of mine had a laptop a few years ago that, over time, eventually developed a similar problem. Normal use was fine, gaming became a problem. Even with a fan to help blow through the vents, it didn't help.

We took it apart, and found that the heatsink was clogged with dust - the fan couldn't push air through enough to cool it. The dust was acting as insulation and blockage. We cleaned it out, problem solved.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
An ex girlfriend of mine had a laptop a few years ago that, over time, eventually developed a similar problem. Normal use was fine, gaming became a problem. Even with a fan to help blow through the vents, it didn't help.

We took it apart, and found that the heatsink was clogged with dust - the fan couldn't push air through enough to cool it. The dust was acting as insulation and blockage. We cleaned it out, problem solved.

Solution