Question Laptop turns on but shows no display ?

Aug 13, 2022
Hey there people out there,
So recently I've ran to a problem where after my laptop display turns off (after like 10 min or something of not using it?) It doesn't show ANYTHING. After restarting it, it still doesn't show anything but I can clearly hear Windows startup sound and others...also the problem gets fixed by itself after a hour or two.
So how can I fix this problem? Since I don't have time to wait again for a hour or two, the problem is really annoying....

Hey there people out there,
So recently I've ran to a problem where after my laptop display turns off (after like 10 min or something of not using it?) It doesn't show ANYTHING. After restarting it, it still doesn't show anything but I can clearly hear Windows startup sound and others...also the problem gets fixed by itself after a hour or two.
So how can I fix this problem? Since I don't have time to wait again for a hour or two, the problem is really annoying....

Hey there,

Can you connect to an external monitor? It doesn't matter which kind (it could be a TV) to see if the problem is the same.

Could be a driver issue. If you get connected to another monitor that doesn't turn of display, then check and update all system drivers (chipset etc) and your GPU driver. Use DDU to uninstall the GPU driver in safe mode, then install the driver fresh.

What exact model laptop do you have? What power plan are you using. Try High Performance or Ryzen balanced (if it's an AMD laptop).

Let us know how that goes.

TRENDING THREADS