Question laptop unbearably low fps in games , used to be great, unplugged cpu??

Aug 16, 2019
ive tried many things with my laptop to try and get it running back to how it used to be, right now im getting around 4-20 frames per second on low graphics on games like league of legends, when i used to get 60+ with games such as witcher 3, a massive difference.

while doing a factory reset today i decided to try a new program called driver easy to make installing my drivers fast and hopefully better because i thought maybe i had some bad drivers installed.

i came across 24 updates , 1 uninstalled and 2 unplugged. one of these unplugged drivers is

Intel(R) Xenon(R)R processor E3- 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCE Express x16 Controller - 0CO1

ive never put in a new processor, does this mean that my cpu is not sitting right or unplugged ( thought common sense tells me thats not possible being unplugged, but ive been wrong before)

Aug 16, 2019
looks like .8, i havnt noticed the cpu ever going above .8 could that be my problem?

Edit; yes computer is starting to lag a bit right now with cpu cores at 99%, and it is still at .8 ghz

Aug 16, 2019
also on a side note it is now not going below like 3.3ghz even when idle, i obviously dont want to keep it there all the time just when playing games, how would i reduce it so its not overclocked at all times?

and cpu is hovering 60--63C not sure if thats acceptable

Aug 16, 2019
Well that's the cause of the perf. The question is what's causing it, it's not temp. That's fine, because it's only idling. Are you using the proper power adaptor? Proper battery?
well it started happening again but i downloaded throttlestopper, now if i run that after starting up it gets rid of the blovk, some sort of heat prevention system kicks in always for me, not sure why or how to stop that ive tried everything else. thanks for all your help

What is the Model of the Laptop? You might just need to update some drivers from the manufactures driver download page. The Windows 10 factory restore may be using generic drivers or old versions of drivers until it finishes updates for other things before downloading the newest signed drivers for chipset and video drivers.

TRENDING THREADS