[SOLVED] Laptop under $3000 that can run games?

Aug 16, 2019
1. What is your budget? $3000, maybe $3500 at a stretch. Firm.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"+

3. What screen resolution do you want? Any.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Either.

5. How much battery life do you need? I'd prefer a longer battery life but I'm always somewhere I can plug it in.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? My Steam library includes Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Assassin's Creed 4, House Flipper, Plague Inc, Species, Garden Paws, Jurassic World Evo, Orion: Prelude, and Borderlands 2. Getting 150fps at ultra high settings isn't a requirement, 60fps at medium-high settings works just fine for me.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Just watching Youtube and writing documents.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512GB+, preferably 1TB+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible, right? In all seriousness, considering the price tag, I'd like to get at least five years or so without any issues.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? I'd prefer a CD/DVD drive but not necessary.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No HP, had the worst experience of my life with the laptop I got from them. Dell and ASUS have done great for me in the past.

13. What country do you live in? United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Doesn't necessarily need to be a gaming brand laptop, just needs to have the hardware to run games. It does, however, need to be a laptop, rather than a desktop. I also need a touchscreen and full-sized keyboard. I did a little research into my Steam library and wishlist. Minimum requirements are Core i5-2550k and GTX 1050. Recommended requirements are Core i5-8400 and GTX 1070. I rarely buy games so I'm not super concerned about being able to keep up with all the newest and greatest ones to come out in the next few years, I just need to know that it will run everything I currently have.

Last edited: