Jul 20, 2021
I just got my laptop back from being repaired and I went to check if all updates are done first then downloaded new drivers for my gpu, I have a hp pavilion gaming ryzen 7 3rd gen and 16gb ram and a gtx 1650, I downloaded gta and all I see is 20 frames when loading then 10 frames in game, it used to easily do over 60 then I saw that the gpu was at 100% in the 3D section I went to make the battery usage at the best performance and made sure that 3D in the nvidia control panel to be set at performance over quality and set the 1650 in the global settings and I also set the power usage to consistent performance, that made the gpu go to 40% but frames were still at 20, I am using a 65w charger rather than the 150w cause the other one was lost when they repaired it, I also forgot to mention that it used to do 60 FPS on battery I still think it could be the charger but it should at least do 60 on the 65w charger can anyone please help me because I want to make sure before I go a head and buy a new charger, also after the gpu was at 40% I restarted the laptop and it went back to 100% and the setting were still the same settings that I set. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Solution
Check CPU and VRAM frequency as well - I knew mine wouldn't run anywhere near full performance with an underpowered charger. It's 150W instead of 65W for a good reason, given the weight and cost difference between the two.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Check CPU and VRAM frequency as well - I knew mine wouldn't run anywhere near full performance with an underpowered charger. It's 150W instead of 65W for a good reason, given the weight and cost difference between the two.

Solution