Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2023
I have a ROG Flow X16 GV601RW, and when I bought it it had great performance but now it seems to have taken a quite deep dip. I benchmarked it on Userbenchmark (which I don't like since it's biased), Geekbench 5 and Cinebench, and I noticed that now all my components are seemingly underperforming. For my CPU and GPU, I looked up official benchmarks and reviewer benchmarks and on Cinebench and Geekbench 5 they are severely underperforming. For my other components (RAM and Storage), I've resorted to UBM, and they are also underperforming quite a lot. Any ideas why?

I think the CPU may be thermal throttling (constantly reaching 95C while on load), and I have tried to increase GPU clocks before, with BSODs happening, but there shouldn't be any damage since I didn't change the voltage.

Anyways, any ideas?

Solution
1. Are yo usure your laptop is using this dedicated graphic card and not the integrated graphic card in CPU( as your cpu has AMD Radeon™ 680M)?
2. if the temps would reach 99'C(sometimes 95'C depends on laptop)) it will start throttling. I would ensure there is no dust on CPU's radiator/maybe a single hair got inside so fan is not fully functional.
3. There might be some programs running in background. Right click on start menu> Task Manager>Autostart and unclick everything, Yes EVERYTHING.
4. Have you changed anything in BIOS? Laptop might be on ~power saving mode enabled(not by default so if you never went to BIOS you can ignore this point).
5. Ensure your laptop set to "high performance" mode? (not balanced)...
Apr 7, 2023
plugged in. Not sure what you mean by performance mode but when doing benchmarks/gaming i use turbo mode in armoury crate... but I think in windows its power saving or smth, "best efficiency" as translated. Also the temps keep spiking to 95C (cpu max operating temp), not sure if that's related.
btw my cpu advertised turbo is 4.9ghz but it never reaches that
i'll try with the "best performance" or smth power setting

Apr 7, 2023
Welp, I tried, still underperforming. CPU doing fine on cinebench r23, 10870 multi, though the single core is underperforming i think, 1017.
Geekbench and UBM still underperforming, GPU is somehow better in UBM.

Also I just can't get BeamNG.drive to run at >60fps on most maps :(

Last edited:

ficler1977

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
1. Are yo usure your laptop is using this dedicated graphic card and not the integrated graphic card in CPU( as your cpu has AMD Radeon™ 680M)?
2. if the temps would reach 99'C(sometimes 95'C depends on laptop)) it will start throttling. I would ensure there is no dust on CPU's radiator/maybe a single hair got inside so fan is not fully functional.
3. There might be some programs running in background. Right click on start menu> Task Manager>Autostart and unclick everything, Yes EVERYTHING.
4. Have you changed anything in BIOS? Laptop might be on ~power saving mode enabled(not by default so if you never went to BIOS you can ignore this point).
5. Ensure your laptop set to "high performance" mode? (not balanced).

img_56aea1747345c.png

Solution
Apr 7, 2023
im sure its using the dedicated gpu, and the fans are fine since i took it apart and checked a few days ago. I don't see high performance in ctrl panel though, and im on win11 so i have no idea where autostart is

Status
Not open for further replies.