Question Laptop upgrade. Ryzen 3500u vs 3700u price comparison.

Aug 20, 2019
Greetings, I need a new laptop for work and light play. I’m coming off of an i7 5500u with integrated graphics, and am looking to try Ryzen. Is the difference between the 3700u with Vega 10 integrated graphics worth $160 more than the 3500u with Vega 8? I don’t expect to do too much gaming other than Skyrim, Gwent, and much older games. This computer is really about productivity and portability to me. Thanks in advance for the help.

Aug 20, 2019
The 3700u has a bit higher boost clock, also. I would say it is worth the difference, unless one of said laptops includes a discrete GPU as well. What kind of laptop budget, do you have?

No discrete gpu. I’m looking at the HP Envy x360 13inch. I like the portability and design and with either option I can stay somewhat close to my budget of around 750 or lower. The Ryzen 7 option exceeds that by about 20 dollars by of its worth it I’ll do it. I guess I’m interested in speed, battery life, and staying relevant. Without the 7, I can undercut my budget by quite a bit but I don’t know what I’m sacrificing.