[SOLVED] Laptop Upgrade

Ste1337

Honorable
May 29, 2014
Hi,

I have an ASUS GL702 and was wondering if its possible to upgrade the Motherboard, CPU and Storage rather than buy a completely new laptop? I am quite happy with my laptop but i was wanting a new generation 2080 graphics chipset.

If it is possible does anybody know where i can get hold of the motherboard in the UK? I cant seem to find anywhere online that sells them

Solution
No you will need to buy a new laptop or what I would do buy or preferably build a gaming desktop. Between thermal issues, cost and lack of upgradibility gaming laptops are a rip off. If you need "portable" gaming you can build quite small ITX computers

You can upgrade teh storage and RAM but the CPU, motherboard and GPU are all propritary.
No you will need to buy a new laptop or what I would do buy or preferably build a gaming desktop. Between thermal issues, cost and lack of upgradibility gaming laptops are a rip off. If you need "portable" gaming you can build quite small ITX computers

You can upgrade teh storage and RAM but the CPU, motherboard and GPU are all propritary.

Solution