Abhigyan_13

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
I own a ASUS X540UAR Vivobook 15. Its a very basic laptop with i3 7th gen, 4gb ddr4 ram(expandable to 12gb), 1TB hdd, intel HD graphics 620 and its about a year old. I wish to upgrade its processor at least to i5 7th gen or ryzen 5, RAM to 8gb and graphics card to at least gtx 1050 2gb .I know that RAM can be upgraded but i don't know about the other two. So Can I upgrade my laptop to these specs?

Solution
And in this case, I believe the i3 CPU offered in this model is in fact a soldered one, a BGA 1356. CPUs are sometimes a possibility, but not in this case. GPUs are almost never a possibility and when they are, it's usually on very bulky, very expensive high-end laptops.

Your only upgrade options will be storage and possibly RAM.
You can't upgrade to Ryzen for sure. These days, CPUs on most laptops are soldered, not on a socket, so you can't replace it either. ANd unless your laptop was offered with external GPU, you can't upgrade GPU either.

So, the best advice: Either use it as is, or sell it and get one you want.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
And in this case, I believe the i3 CPU offered in this model is in fact a soldered one, a BGA 1356. CPUs are sometimes a possibility, but not in this case. GPUs are almost never a possibility and when they are, it's usually on very bulky, very expensive high-end laptops.

Solution

Abhigyan_13

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017

Ohk