[SOLVED] Laptop Upgrades Recommendations For Noobs and Novice

Mar 31, 2020
Looking For Recommendations For Noobs and Novice
Looking to upgrade ACER Aspire E 14 E5-474G-59LV 5-year-old laptop that has not been upgraded before.
Although no upgrades has been made, 1 or 2 parts (HDD etc) have been changed due to wear and tear issues but does not deviate from base specs.
Space is no issue currently (1tb HDD + 4tb Ex.Drive).
Recommendations on what to upgrade for better gaming performance ? Things like lagging, stuttering, and glitching.
(games like GTA5, Fallout 76, ARK Survival, Sims 4<with loads of mods> etc... has slow performance on the laptop)
SSD? GPU? Anything? I have no idea what or where to start.

On a side note, would it be more economical to get a new laptop or desktop more suited to gaming needs? If so, recommendations?

ps. Emphasis on cost effective and economical choices

Last edited:
Solution
new SSD will make boot time way faster and opening files and moving files alot faster but it will not affect gaming noticebly. Your graphics card and processor is soldered into the motherboard so updating them is imbossible. If your model has 8gb ram that is enough and more is not needed since your bottlenecked by your GPU atm.

If your laptop has thunderbolt port then maybe think about adding cheap egpu setup, if not then only way would be to use wifi slot on your motherboard which might be slow speed, you might be able to get around 50-70% of the normal results using that. I would go for new laptop if you dont have access to cheap used power supplies and graphics cards.
new SSD will make boot time way faster and opening files and moving files alot faster but it will not affect gaming noticebly. Your graphics card and processor is soldered into the motherboard so updating them is imbossible. If your model has 8gb ram that is enough and more is not needed since your bottlenecked by your GPU atm.

If your laptop has thunderbolt port then maybe think about adding cheap egpu setup, if not then only way would be to use wifi slot on your motherboard which might be slow speed, you might be able to get around 50-70% of the normal results using that. I would go for new laptop if you dont have access to cheap used power supplies and graphics cards.

Solution