Question Laptop USB Mouse Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Oct 22, 2019
I have an Alienware 15 laptop (specs below)

RAM
Installed Size16 GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x8GB)
PROCESSOR
CPU TypeCore i7
Processor Number6700HQ
ManufacturerIntel
Clock Speed3.5 GHz
SYSTEM
Notebook TypeGaming
MONITOR
Diagonal Size15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display
OPERATING SYSTEM / SOFTWARE
OS Provided: TypeWindows 10 Home 64bit English
VIDEO OUTPUT
Graphics ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
GENERAL
ManufacturerDell, Inc.

Last night I updated Windows 10 to version 1903. I let the update happen while I was sleeping and awoke this morning to find that everything was fine, except my mouse didn't work. No worries, I thought, I'll check the drivers. My mouse drivers were up to date. I checked manually and with the Driver Easy program. Then I thought it might be a USB or USB driver issue. The problem is, those drivers are also up to date and my USB headset works in all ports. So it isn't the USB ports. I checked that my system files weren't corrupted; they weren't. When I checked my device manager it said my HiD mouse was not mitigated due to partial or ambiguous match. I uninstalled my mouse drivers and reinstalled them. Now, my device manager isn't saying anything about mitigation issues but the mouse still isn't responding. The lights aren't working even though the device manager is recognizing that my mouse is plugged in. The weird thing is it recognizes my HiD mouse even if I unplug it (I have no idea if this is normal or not, but it seemed weird).
I have tested the mouse on another laptop and it works fine. I have also tried other mice on this computer and they are just as unresponsive. I'm not sure if my best bet is to downgrade back to the former version of Windows I was running, or if this would even fix my problem at this point. Please, I would really appreciate any help in fixing this issue, as I work from my laptop and this puts my livelihood in jeopardy. I am freaking out, I need your help!

UserBenchmarks: Game 13%, Desk 41%, Work 22%

||Model|Bench
:----|:----|:----|
CPU|Intel Core i5-4210H|39.7%
GPU|Intel HD 4600 (Mobile 1.15 GHz)|3.3%
HDD|HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5" 1TB|64.2%
RAM|Micron 8KTF51264HZ-1G6E1 2x4GB|40.1%
MBD|Alienware 15|

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS